Monday, January 4, 2010

Thing 11

I really didn't like leaving comments. I read the articles on what makes a good comment, and sometimes I felt like I didn't have much to say. I think that as I read more blogs, it will become easier.

Commenting is so important because your voice is heard - you matter. It's exciting to think that people everywhere want to spend their valuable time with you. Also, it can be intellectually stimulating when posts expand/contradict your view.

This could be a great tool for students online as they have to write to an audience that is not only a teacher. It worries me a bit that negative comments can be left on a blog for them. People's egos can be very fragile and that could shut down an aspiring writer. Maybe there could be a way for a teacher to monitor the posts to prevent that.

1 comment:

  1. Yes -you can set up your blog so that comments do not appear until you have approved them. This is probably a good idea when you as a teacher has a blog and you pose questions for students to comment back on. In addition, it's really important to set high expectations for the students' work and to help them understand what a broad audience actually will see what they write.

    ReplyDelete