Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This tool would be so awesome if it accepted Publisher. I did a brochure earlier this year on an organization I belong to and sent it to others for help proofreading/clarification. I think we had the brochure bouncing back and forth at least 10 times. And each time I had to go to zamzar.com to have it converted to a pdf file so those people could view it. I also do the school newsletter, and have to wait for articles and get help proofreading/checking on dates. It would be SO much easier if google docs could support that file so all the other could collaborate online!

Besides that, I do my lesson plans on the computer using a table with times in the first column and the lesson plans in the second column for each day. I think other teachers could benefit from this and I could share that on google. I compiled my lesson plans per topic and cut and paste from that into my lesson plans. Teachers using the same series could benefit from that (although it may cause them to not put as much planning into their own plans). I also make up A LOT of my own worksheets and wouldn't mind sharing them (although I know I could probably get paid for that on various websites).

I teach lower elementary, and I don't think students at that age level could do this, but parents could use it. They could sign up for party supplies using spreadsheet like we did in the 23 things or could download a lost assignment if it was one I had created.

No comments:

Post a Comment