Monday, January 4, 2010

Thing 12

I like both my widgets - I actually wanted to keep adding! Not sure of the purpose of them and/or how they would be different than a hot link.

Embedding code seems to me just copying and pasting, so it was very easy. I belong to FaceBook, several coupon forums and proteacher.net. The relationships do not take the place of my close friends, but I know that I have gained valuable information from these connections. The coupon websites link me to people who I may not have anything at all in common with except saving money, while from proteacher I have a huge part of my life in common - my career.

I think these social networking websites feed the need that kids have to belong. Of course adults want to belong to, but with maturity, one realizes that some things are not as important. I guess for kids too it may be a kind of popularity contest to see who has the most posts and most friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment