Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thing 9

I love YouTube. I have used it a lot before to watch music videos. I also have used it to look at people playing Rock Band, comedians, and celebrity interviews. It is quite addicting and one can spend hours on it:). For my classroom, this summer I also used YouTube to get some clarification on Brain Gym Exercises. I had the handbook, but some of the pages were missing and I knew if I saw it visually, I would be able to understand it more clearly, just as students would for various concepts, which is one way it could be useful in the classroom. Our school has a subscription to videostreaming, which I have used before to clarify concepts, which may have more appropriate content than YouTube. I also looked at SchoolTube and TeacherTube and think there is a lot of potential there to learn various teaching methodologies. The problem (besides the totally inappropriate comment I reported on Mr. Dewey's fractions video) would be posting images of children on the web. Some parents (myself included) may have a problem with it. If allowed, it would be great to post videos of students performing plays, so relatives could see them if they were unable to make the performance and for students to critique themselves. Students could also post PowerPoint presentations. 


I am not sure if YouTube is restricted at my building, since I am doing this at home on Christmas Vacation. I will have to check that out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment