Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thing17

I did a google search for online productivity tools and found one called schoolog.com. I thought it looked educational, but after I signed up, it appeared to be more geared to students rather than teachers. I then signed up for Knowtes, but it kept timing out on me. Too bad, flashcards could be very beneficial to students (and even to me when I review what I have learned in the 23 things:). When I had done the google search before, a website called zamzar.com came up. I wasn't aware this was an "online productivity tool", but I have used it before and it was wonderful at converting my Publisher files to pdf files to be more easily viewed by others. Sign up was easy, it was free, and they e-mail you the file quickly (small ones within minutes, larger ones within a half hour). I really liked it and will be using it in the future. As I was thinking about this, I went to go convert my Presswriter file of my weekly class newsletter to a pdf and the file type wasn't supported. Too bad - that would have been a whole lot easier than redoing my newsletter into Publisher! Maybe there is another online tool that could do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment