Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thing 22

My wiki is at http://secondgradeideasthatwork.wikispaces.com/.

It was fun, but I had a hard time finding any videos to fit my topic that I saw an embed code for. The Two Sisters website had embedded videos and I couldn't figure out how to copy or download them. Then when I finally found one I thought would work on YouTube, it seemed like the embedding code wasn't working, since it wasn't showing up like in the tutorial video or in preview. I moved onto another video on a different topic, and it did the same. I finally tried saving it, and there it was. I then went back and inserted the first video. If you can get a well-visited wiki, you could get some awesome collaborative ideas, with resources right there for you to use it in your classroom.

I'm still a little unclear on some of the terminology, but I think a wiki differs from a blog because in a wiki, contributors can change the original post, but in a blog, contributors just add on ideas (which can also be done in a wiki). A wiki would be better used for an editable item, while a blog would be more useful to share ideas only.

No comments:

Post a Comment